Release Candidate version!
I'm very happy to announce that this update is the release candidate for Voidheart Symphony! I'm sending it out to you now so that you can all have a look and send me anything that urgently needs fixing before we go to print - please download it, give it a read, starts your campaigns, tell all your friends! Please send any feedback you have in to email@example.com, before the 19th of March.
Here's a changelog:
- Locked covenants are now Committed; instead of resetting to Intense at the start of every session, they have an intermediate step between Intense and Faded where they still provide moves.
- Crises are now binary - imminent and quelled. While they're Imminent, they give ongoing disadvantage to their associated gauge. It only takes a single use of Wolf at the Door to quell them, but the Architect can use a reaction while you're in the castle to make them imminent again. Opportunities don't exist any more - instead a strong hit on The Grind means that the crisis starts quelled.
- The Architect can now spend a Breach Reaction to drag all rebels present in a scene with a Breaching Enforcer into the castle.
- Removed the Bane weapon tag, and baked its effect directly into Lift the Mask.
- Changed 'Exhaust the Covenant' into 'Evoke the Covenant', providing a more positive theming around fading your covenants and involving contacts more directly in your investigation.
- Changed Justice's castle move, matching the changes to Stand With Me in the previous version.
Changed Magician's castle move, matching the changes to crises.
- Adjusted the outcome of your first delve, such that it grants you Void 1 on victory or World 1 on defeat.
- Expropriation on a Tier 2+ vassal now only refreshes two gauges.
- Went through and clarified when Advantage and Disadvantage was fleeting or lasting.
- Implemented final feedback from my editor and playtesters editor notes.
- Added advice on changing the investigation mechanics and closing out your campaign.
- Added an example contact for the Vagabond covenant.
- Added a sidebar on 'Why play Voidheart Symphony?'
- Added a section of advice on making your own Covenants.
- Added an expanded Inspirations section.
- Added a 'For PbtA Veterans' sidebar.
- Added a 'blueprint' method for planning the actions of the castle as a whole.
- Added a sidebar on running a fight scene.
- Added an extra tier 1 example vassal, the Livestreaming Punk.
- Added an example of Rebel creation.
- Added a Move Index at the end of the document.
Get Voidheart Symphony
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.