I can't wait to try this out! I love Castlevania, I love this spin on it, and I love the game concept of the cycle repeating across generations. That does leave me with a question, though: how does a campaign end?
Rhapsody of Blood
A downloadable game
Rhapsody of Blood: An endless war against an evil castle from outside our world
Every generation the blood moon rises, and the castle exalts a villain with its dark gifts. They shall command its legions, use its powers to twist reality, and seek the godlike power of the unholy grail.
You’re here to stop them. Your bloodlines have fought the castle since its first emergence, and that legacy has granted you endless tenacity, strange powers, or unbreakable faith. Together, you will root out the wards of the castle where they have infested the mundane world, slay the acolytes of the castle’s regent, steal their dark power for your own and banish the regent and the castle with them.
But the castle is immortal, and the blood moon will rise again. As generations rise and fall, what tales of heroic action and gothic bloodshed will you tell?
Rhapsody of Blood is a standalone alternate setting for Legacy: Life Among the Ruins, written by Jay Iles and illustrated by Adrian Stone, that brings tense combat and soul-imperilling adventure to your table.
- Blood-Soaked Action: The Powered by the Apocalypse ruleset has been finely tuned to suit the exploration of a nightmare castle and dynamic fights against memorable adversaries.
- Generational Storytelling: An episodic game structure can take your story from the dark ages to the modern day, with the outcome of one generation affecting the dangers of the next.
- Character Diversity: Five different Bloodlines combine with five customisable Explorer types to make every generation of heroes meaningfully different.
- Ready to Go: With complete game rules, examples of play, GM advice and a prologue that teaches you the game as you go, this book has everything you need to play.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
A few ways!
1) You’ve finished telling the story for now with this generation, and maybe play an epilogue game about what these heroes did next (maybe a hacked Stewpot?)
2) The castle blights the world enough times and casts it all into the void (BAD END).
3) The players lock down the castle over generations, gradually robbing it of its power to shift and change until it becomes nothing more than a weird building.